Who we are
Big Hearts Foundation is a non – profit Animal Welfare Organization based in London, founded in 2011 by trader and philanthropist Anna Kogan.
We are the first international organisation who started helping companion animals in regional, non-Moscow, Russia, having been active in 31 cities so far. Since then we have come along way and extended our reach to help wild animals. Russia is the largest country in the world and is in dire need to improve the plight of animals. After the fall of communism the area of human-animal contact has been left unattended. The situation is critical. We aim to change this by bringing Western expertise and decades long experience in animal welfare to Russia and hopefully expand to surrounding countries in the future.
“I’ve always wanted to make the world a better place for animals. We are doing it where the most difference can and needs to be made” – Anna Kogan.
Our Vision: a society in which the welfare of animals is understood and respected by everyone, and protected by effective legislation.
- Raising awareness and promote responsible cat and dog ownership, stop animals from being abused and abandoned.
- Providing affordable spay/neutering programs for low-class families pets and fostered homeless animals.
- Humane education: Raising a more aware, kind and compassionate generation. Learn more about our work here .
- Lobby and develop animal welfare laws. Learn more about our work here .
- Wild animals: improve their plight in captivity
- Rehabilitation of bear cubs back to the wild
- Neutering projects in Various Cities
- Humane Education Teachers Course
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre UTYOS
- Campaign and Lobby Law Against Animal Testing
- Captive Animal Welfare
- Souyarvi City
Our Principle: The work is based on the principles of independence and impartiality and non-interference in political affairs.
Big Hearts Foundation is a very young organization with a lot of room to grow.